- Dieter Häussinger, University of Düsseldorf
- Johannes Waltenberger, University of Münster
- Matthias W Beckmann, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg
- Edwin Bölke, University of Düsseldorf
- Jose M Gatell, University of Barcelona
- Radovan Hojs, University Clinical Centre Maribor
- Bernd C. Kieseier, University of Düsseldorf
- Florens G.A. Versteegh, Groene Hart Ziekenhuis
- Martijn van Griensven, Technical University Munich
Aims & scope
European Journal of Medical Research publishes articles of international interest from all areas of medical research. The main focus of the journal is on clinical research.
Johannes Waltenberger’s research focuses on Regenerative Cardiology studying the mechanisms of growth factor-mediated and cell-mediated vascular growth, ranging from signal transduction and cellular function to clinical aspects in coronary artery disease. He has obtained 12 scientific awards himself and his students and postdocs have received 16 awards altogether. He has published more than 180 scientific publications (listed in PubMed), 2 patents and has supervised 7 PhD theses and 19 MD theses. His scientific work was quoted more than 10.000 times and his Hirsch index is 50.
Within the University of Düsseldorf the Clinic of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectiology Professor Häussinger carries out research into infectious diseases and diseases of the liver. The clinic is internationally recognised for its basic research in areas such as liver metabolism, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract and the pancreas. Professor Häussinger is the author of more than 500 scientific articles and co-editor of ten books, a member of numerous international societies, several special research units, academies, foundations and boards as well as co-editor of scientific journals.
European Journal of Medical Research 2015, 20:76